Free School Meals For Every Infant Child
Every infant aged child receives a free school meal. We still encourage everyone to complete a School Lunch Registration Form; this allows the school to see whether your child is entitled to free school meals on Key Stage 2 and a grant (called Pupil Premium) to support learning. These forms are available from the office. Special dietary requirements can be catered for if we have the details in advance.
Your child may be able to get free school meals/pupil premium if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
Free Fruit or Veg Snack
Currently, the NHS sponsors a free piece of fruit or vegetable for every Infant child every day, which we give out at morning playtime. Children can bring their own fruit if they'd prefer. A healthy alternative snack is permitted at the junior school, and we also provide a fruit for children if they would like it.
Junior School - payment for lunches
Please note new price of £2.15 per meal effective from September 2022. Payment for lunches needs to be made using the Tucasi online payment system. Each child is given a unique online code which you use to register an account at www.scopay.com/polehampton-jun - additional children can be linked to one account, even if they are at different schools.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE NUT FREE SCHOOLS.